Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

149 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for IBS when suffering from chronic pancreatitis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
Sir I am from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX My wife is suffering from chronic pancreatitis and is under medication but recently she has developed irregular bowl syndrome and the doctor has given her sibofix 400 to take twice in a day. kindly advise.
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apparently Safe

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in

Sibofix is Rifaximin which has been documented to have good results in IBS but need to supplement a good probiotic

Continue Celvit, Creon and Pantocid

Manage stress levels

Perform regular exercises

Take an antibiotic as and when there is associated GI Infection

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist