Suggest treatment for IBS, shortness of breath and heaviness in chest
My answer as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I carefully passed through your question and would explain that it is important performing a comprehensive differential diagnosis of different causes that may lead to this symptomatology:
- Heart failure. A low cardiac function can lead to such symptomatology.
- Coronary artery disease. Sometimes, especially in diabetic patients, heaviness in the chest or shortness of breath can be an alarm sign or coronary artery disease.
- Respiratory disorders. In such case ventolin would help (but not in the above cases).
- Chronic anemia
So, I recommend going to the ER for a careful physical exam and some tests:
- a resting ECG and cardiac enzymes
- a cardiac ultrasound to examine his cardiac function
- a chest X ray study and respiratory function tests
- some blood lab tests (complete blood count, blood electrolytes).
If his symptoms have now improved, it can wait until consulting with his attending doctor.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ibs and with headaches
- Is colofac a good treatment for ibs
- Ibs new treatment
- Ibs drug treatment
- Ibs vasovagal episode treatment
- Suggest treatment for ibs after cancer colon resection
- Suggest treatment for fissures due to constipation and ibs
- Heaviness ib chest due to bulgum
- Suggest treatment for ibs and hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for ibs with stress