Suggest treatment for IBS and flatulence
I am a chronic IBS sufferer for the past 4 years now almost , my symptoms are neither C or D, but lower left abdominal pain cramps especially after lunch, flatulence and trapped gas in my sigmoid colon. i also suffer from incomplete evacuation because of which i go 2ce in the morning to the toilet to make myself feel good. My stools are off late well formed but the issue is i go 2-3 times per day, out of which twice in the morning after waking up in an hour and occasionally once in the afternoon or later. Have consulted several gastro docs here in Dubai , all have confirmed that my lower left sigmoid colon contractions are quite severe and random. No other abdominal pain any where apart from the lower left quadrant which the docs say is typical of IBS. I am symptom free in the mornings usually and in the evenings. Its only the afternoon time where the gas and flatulence and cramps are quite bad. What medication do you suggest apart from the ones i have written below ? Will a course of Pan 40 or Omez for extended period help ? I do avoid all milk products apart from yogurt but given the travelling nature of my job its rather difficult to eat health food all the time. In the night if i have chicken or fish without vegetables it makes it difficult, so i usually take a high fiber diet in the night to make me feel better in the morning and avoid the incomplete evacuation problems. Please advise on medications and any further tests ?
Please follow the suggestions below...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. .
1. Lubiprostone is a novel medication added to cure IBS symptoms in female patients.
2. Dairy producsts like milk should not be consumed as they will increase gas and aggravate IBS symptoms.
3. Sometimes, stomach hyperacidity can also aggravate IBS symptoms. Thus, PPIs are advised to take to optimize stomach pH
4. You can continue taking Duspataline as it will help dominate the IBS symptoms.
5. Stress is also an aggravating factor for ibs. That's why taking a good control of stress can improve ibs symptoms.
If you are not able to control it, it is advised to start anxiolytic medications.
Hope it was of help!
yes , they can improve your symptoms
Yes, you can use Pan 40 on empty stomach in the morning along with Duspatalin retard 200 morning and evening for 6 consecutive weeks. Duspatalin will improve intestinal spasms. In combination with Pan, they help improving your actual symptoms including flatulence.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ibs and with headaches
- Have ibs flatulence abdominal pain acidity help
- Suggest treatment for foulsmelling flatulence
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and flatulence
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and belching
- Suggest treatment for fissures due to constipation and ibs
- Suggest treatment for ibs and hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for ibs with stress
- Suggest treatment for flatulence in baby
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?