Suggest treatment for Hemorrhoid thrombosis

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had trouble with hemroids for quite a while. 3 years ago it became a thrombosis. I think the same thing has happened again. It was excised before. I just want to know if it has reached the point of a clot, iis it possible it may n go away on its own, or if it has to be excised?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. If your hemorrhoid became dark blue, hard and painful, blood clot is possible. However it may be also some inflammation. It is hard to tell not seeing it. Generally you need to know as you have such problems, sooner or later surgery will be necessary. Its because once a hemorrhoid appears, it can not vanish with just some medicines. It needs to be surgically removed. I suggest you to have such treatment first: - have sitz baths with Oak Bark twice a day - start OTC hemorrhoids suppositories - wash your rectum after every stool - avoid constipation, increase fiber rich products and mineral water intake - start probiotic supplementation - do not push hard on stool (it makes hemorrhoids worse) If it wont help in few days, please consult surgeon. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.