Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for HbseAg negative chronic hepatitis B infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1055 Questions
Dear sir (40 age) 5 days before while donating blood found Hbsag positive done Hbseg which is negative and DNA quantity 10500 Iu/ml . How I can treat is there possible to cure
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can definitely be cured with interferons

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to address your query.

I have gone through your reports and I appreciate your efforts for sharing the same.You are having HbeAg negative Chronic Hepatitis B.Yes, this can definitely be treated.

Before initiating the treatment I were to ask for ALT enzyme levels and do liver biopsy to understand the nature of liver tissue(to rule out changes suggestive of liver damage).

Coming to the treatment options since the DNA loads are higher than 2000 IU/ml I were to choose Interferon(PEG-IFN) for about 6 months.Since the interferons are costly oral anti-viral drugs (Lamivudine etc) become my second choice which are usually taken for 12 months.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor