Suggest treatment for Hashimoto's thyroiditis
This forum is not meant to prescribe treatment.
I can guide you regarding which matters need to be considered in order to decide which treatment options you need to go with:
If your TSH is abnormally high then it would be worth considering treatment with a medication called thyroxine.
With regards to the pernicious anemia there are tests available to determine if you have inherited this. They are called anti parietal cell antibodies and anti endomysial antibodies. If these tests are not conclusive, then further tests would be necessary.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your 3 month glucose average)
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
25 hydroxy Vitamin D None of these tests require any fasting and can be done at any time of the day
The normal range for thyroid antibodies varies from laboratory to laboratory.
If your report shows antibodies as high, it indicates that it is very likely your thyroid is not functioning well. So it was correct to start you on thyroid medication, often for life.
Regarding vitamin B12, it depends on the units of measurement used.
>300 pg/mL (>221 pmol/L) – Normal result; deficiency unlikely
●200 to 300 pg/mL (148 to 221 pmol/L) – Borderline result; deficiency possible
●<200 pg/mL (<148 pmol/L) – Low; consistent with deficiency
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is armour thyroid used in the treatment of hashimoto's disease ?
- Treatment for thyroid
- Suggest treatment for diffuse inhomegeneity in the thyroid
- Is there treatment for hashimoto#39s thyroiditis
- Hashimoto thyroiditis ayurveda treatment
- Thyroid surgery done histopathology report showed hashimotos thyroiditis required treatment
- What treatment is suggested for thyroid
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis/rudresh treatment
- Suggest treatment for thyroid
- Ayurvedic treatment for hashimoto thyroiditis