question-icon

Suggest treatment for HPV infections

Posted on Tue, 14 Apr 2015
Question: when I was16 I was treated for HPV it was caught early in the first stage called dysplaisia (spelling could be wrong).. I had cryro therapy done and they said it was gone... I have heard you cannot cure HPV. I'm 27 now is my partner at risk?
The form of HPV I had was the form the causes cervical cancer not warts.
Answered by Dr. Dr.Sameer Kumar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
HPV cotesting with PAP smear cytology..

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query ,
If you had been suffering from HPV strain 16,18 ( cervical cancer strains at 16 years and got cryotherapy done , then as you are sexually active now, it is pertinent and mandatory to get a PAP SMEAR FOR CYTOLOGY and HPV DNA cotestingdone to look for present state of cervix, if any dysplastic feature are present or not, or HPV is being isolated again 16,18 strains. If so then you can transmit to your partner, else its fine to have non harmful strains and undertake an unprotected intercourse with your partner.
Dr. Dr.Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist