Suggest treatment for HPV infection

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: how long can aperson be infected with hpv before a wart develops? is 28 years possible?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't seem to be possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you
I am add. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

The interval between genital HPV infection and genital warts is variable - from a few days to months and moreover majority of those infected are able to get rid of the infection within 20-22 months by virtue of there own immunity. So it is unlikely that an HPV infection would persist for 28 long years.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Is it possible for someone to be a carrier with no actual warts and infect someone who develops a wart?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding HPV infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Since the incubation period from HPV infection to visible warts can be long therefore it is possible that HPV is transmitted sexually without any visible warts.