Suggest treatment for Group B streptococcus infection in urine

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My daughter's urine test came back with no white or red cell problems but some Strep B Flora. What is this. She has no infection but I'm concerned with what Strep b is and where would she get it. She is 13 - homeschool with me all the time.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Container contamination

Detailed Answer:

Need not worry, the Streptococcus B bacteria can be present in the container or on the genitals of your daughter which got washed out in the urine sample.

If there are no WBC, RBCs or pus cells in the urine it indicates that there is no active infection. If in case there are pus cells with Strep B isolation, suitable antibiotic treatment would surely cure her.

For now since there is no established urinary infection there is not need to be worried about the Strep B bacteria and there is no need for any treatment too.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 3 minutes later
Thank you! I understand now. She's doing great! Does everyone carry strep B is this something I should be concerned with in the future?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:

Strep B can be found on skin and many parts of the body. It is a common contaminant. Infection occurs only when it enters the blood stream in significant number.

There no risk for future.