Suggest treatment for GERD
drugs like prilosec are the most potent drugs for GERD. Zantac is a less potent alternative. If you can't control the symptoms with those then you should do an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy to exclude other causes like esophagitis. Watching your diet is essential. Avoid to have a full stomach and to lie down right after eating. Avoid too much coffee and citrus drinks, chocolate, etc. I'm sure you're familiar with these instructions from the past. Finally you may need to elevate the head of the bed a little to avoid causing reflux during the night.
Some patients benefit from drugs like metoclopramide or domperidone which increase gastrointestinal motility and empty the stomach sooner, but if your symptoms are almost always present you'd better do the endoscopy as soon as possible.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug treatment for gerd
- What treatment is suggested for gerd
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gerd
- Is dexilant used in the treatment of gerd ?
- Siddha treatment for gerd
- Gerd treatment with junior lanzol
- Chronic gerd high body temperature suggestions for treatment
- Suggest treatment for flair up of gerd
- Gerd cough ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for stomach gerd