Suggest treatment for GERD
My Mom is suffering from GERD disease kindly tell how this can be treated. Also provide the treatment and provide the hospitals for surgery in XXXXXXX
Medical management should be tried
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Surgery is the last resort for management of GERD.
Initially Medical treatment is given for sufficient time, if the individual does not respond to medical treatment surgery can be considered.
Following is the protocol for management of GERD
1. Detailed History and assessment 99 symptoms
2. Investigation: To document presence of Gerd and assess the severity.
Barium swallow, Endoscopy and 24 hour ph study is to be done.
Medical management include
1. PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS & GASTRIC MOTILITY INCREASING DRUG
2. Avoiding following: Caffeine, carbonated beverages, oily food and spicy food
3. Frequent small quantity meals
4. Avoid sleeping or lying immediately after food
5. Regular exercise and weight reduction
Ideally medical management is tried for 1 to 1 1/ 2 years.
Following are indication for Surgery
1. Individual is not compliant with medication
2. Failure of medical management
3. Reflux Oesophagus stricture
4. Life threatening apnea and prolonged airway hyper reactivity
It would be very helpful if you could discuss the issues with your physician. Surgery should be last resort
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug treatment for gerd
- What treatment is suggested for gerd
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gerd
- Is dexilant used in the treatment of gerd ?
- Siddha treatment for gerd
- Gerd treatment with junior lanzol
- Chronic gerd high body temperature suggestions for treatment
- Suggest treatment for flair up of gerd
- Gerd cough ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for stomach gerd
- CT scan showed wide spread cancer. Having mass in esophagus. Should...
- Had salmonella and having symptoms of nausea and light headedness. Have...
- Red crystallized object in stool. Pain in left rib cage and blood in...
- Bruise on left buttock, soreness in left elbow and shortness of breath...
- On thyroid medication. Should I take the medicines life long?
- How long does it take to show symptoms of HVP?
- Having red lines on hand. What do you suggest?
- Have dark spots on the head of penis. Was treated with cortisone cream....
- White spots on legs. What could be this?
- Have swollen hives on hip. Took clartin. have done allergy blood work