Suggest treatment for Epididymo-orchitis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 22 Dec 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have epididymorchitis.and.my urine culture shows no.growth.what.should i do?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take antibiotic and anti inflammatory medication .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

In established clinical diagnosis of Epididymorchitis you may not get positive culture report suggestive of bacterial infection (UTI).However if the clinical examination and other ancillary tests like Ultrasound Scanning supports diagnosis of Epididymorchitis it is always advisable to take commonly used antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily for 2 weeks .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. REMY KOSHY
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
How long would it take to get cured and what is the cause of the problm
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
In majority of cases it is secondary to UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Normally with appropriate treatment it takes 3-4 weeks for complete cure .

It is mainly secondary to UTI or Viral infection like mumps.

It may develop after unprotected sex with infected female partner
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.