Suggest treatment for Crohn's disease and colon cancer
Cancer to get treated first...
You are saying that the patient is:
- 54 years old
- diagnosed with colon cancer (operated twice)
- diagnosed with Crohn's disease
- undergoing chemotherapy
You want to know if colon replacement can be done?
Please bare in mind that this is a delicate case; he has been operated twice for colon cancer. We cannot advise another surgery for colon replacement if cancer problem is not resolved, especially when there are metastasis.
In such cases, we try to alleviate the symptoms of the patient and try to improve his quality of life. We can't experiment on the patient without resolving these other major issues first especially if he is under chemotherapy which is devastating for such patients.
All the best and God bless!
My brother was first diagnosed with Crohn's disease, 3 years back and was operated for the same. During operation it was found that he also had Stage 2 colon cancer. After Crohn's operation he got chemotherapy and was doing fine.
After 3 years he got the same Crohn's problem and had to get operate again and was tested for cancer again and this time it was found that he was having Stage 4 cancer.
Under these circumstances is colon replacement an option? Also he was treated for cancer on stage 2 (chemotherapy) and he was doing good then why did the cancer go to stage 4? Is cancer not curable ?
I am attaching his reports.
I have gone through the reports you provided and I can say as following:
- Your brother health situation is not very good. Please bare in mind that he has been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma. Unfortunately, cancer is a progressive disease especially if Crohn's is also present. That makes it more difficult to treat.
If no success in treating at stage 2, it can rapidly progress to stage 4 as in case of your brother.
Cancer can be cured if it is early detected (e.g. stage 0 or 1); and if chemotherapy can work. Otherwise, unfortunately, the battle against cancer cannot be won yet by medical team.
I always advise the relatives of my patients with the same diagnosis as your brother to stay close to them as much as possible.
Your brother too needs you by him side as your presence will alleviate his sufferings.
God bless all of you!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Colon cancer treatment kottayam
- Colon cancer and constipation treatment
- Treatment and cure for recurrent colon cancer
- Colon cancer treatment chemotherapy
- Treatment and cure for invasive colon cancer
- Treatment and cure for colon cancer tumor
- Treatment and cure for younger colon cancer
- Treatment and cure for colon cancer
- Colon cancer treatment
- Treatment and cure for hereditary colon cancer