Suggest treatment for Corex addiction

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question:
Suggest treatment for Corex addiction
hi, my brother take core regularly how can i leave corex cough cyrup adiction?? Very fadup for this, kindly provide solution so that i can leave this bad habit ...
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please visit a deaddiction center

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Corex contains codeine which is an opioid kind of medicine and have strong addiction potential. It is not something which can be given up easily. Most of the patients with corex addiction need intensive treatment preferably in deaddiction center.

I request you to visit nearby deaddiction center. They specilize in treatment of opioid addiction and most patients respond within a period of 7-10 days.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 36 minutes later
please prescribed the medicines for better results
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Online prescription is against medical ethics

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

I am sorry to inform you that online prescription is illegal in view of law and never possible without physically examining the patient. This is because it is not in interest of patient as every medicine have potential to cause side effects and can have devastating consequences.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 17 hours later
i also used codiene but I quit from last two months but I feel weakness n sexual disorders please help me sir what can I do
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please do following

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Since you stopped codeine recently these are after effects of drug abuse which are likely to stay for three to six months. You do not need to do anything actively but the following changes in life style can bring out positive changes more rapidly.

Regular physical exercise of 45 minutes or 200 minutes per week
Healthy eating and avoidance of junk and fast foods
Low calorie and low fat diet
Plenty of water intake
Use of antioxidants such as citrous fruits, garlic

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar