Suggest treatment for Alzheimer’s disease

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My 83 YO wife has been diagnosed with AD. She is constantly ordering stuff on the Internet to CURE it. Will you give your opoinion of these sites that offer to CURE AD with foods, salads, secret formulas, books. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please, they are all geared to defraud the public!

Detailed Answer:

Am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis of AD that your wife has. As of date, we do not have treatment fro Alzheimers disease, sadly. Initial stages can be slowed down with medications but we have not been able to completely haul and reverse the trend. All sites purporting to be able to treat this are not truthful and should be totally disregarded. They only take advantage of the fact that clients need desperate remedies to swindle funds from them

I strongly encourage you to say no to them. Follow directives from your treating doctor. It is already good to see her on donepezil.

In all, that is a big scam and please do not waste your hard earned money on it.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be for more insights and clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 43 minutes later
Dr, Ditah: Thank you for your reply. XXXXXXX is a great lady...we've been married 59 years, have 4 children, 15 grand children and eleven great grandchildren. We went together in our Kansas City High School. She is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University. She was a leader among women. AD is truly an insidious disease. Again, thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

She’s truly a nice person. Be supportive to her during these trying moments. It is not always an easy ride. I wish you both a continued and exemplary happy marriage live.

My regards to your lovely wife.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj