Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for ADHD

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
We have been trying ADHD medications for our 7 year old and having seemed to have found the right one yet. Is there one that is better to the impulsivity part of ADHD. Vyvance worked but he had mood swings, we tried Focalin and now are on Concerta, which is helping but teacher tonight said his impulsiveness is not getting better
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Atomoxetine Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Its unfortunate that three of the first line drugs for ADHD have not worked well with your son. ADHD is a difficult illness to treat and trying one after other another drug is the only way to find out the best drug for your son. It seems there is no mention of the use of atomoxetine in your list. This is one of the first line drugs and is effective for ADHD. Its available in the dose 10 mg, 18mg, 25 mg depending on the requirement. Another drug which is effective in improving impulsivity in ADHD is low dose risperidone. This drug in low doses helps in reducing impulsivity. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor