• question-icon

Suggest treatment for ADHD

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I have recently started to know my adhd is controlling my day today tasks. with being a single mother of a 3 month old and working two jobs to support us it's hard to finish task i start. stay focused at my jobs. maintain an orderly house. I have been diagnosed when I was 17 with adhd but I tried to deal with it naturally but I had alot of help in school. now a days I can't deal with it naturally and having no help.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prescription medicines will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
ADHD can be treated using medication or therapy, but a combination of both is often best. Treatment is usually arranged by a specialist, such as a psychiatrist, although the condition may be monitored by your GP.
The medications like methylphenidate or dexamphetamine help with the condition concentrate better, be less impulsive, feel calmer, and learn and practise new skills.
These are all prescription medicines and need regular monitoring under the guidance of your GP.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
So is that not something you do because it's nearly impossible right now to get a day off to find a doctor around me. isn't that what this site is for. online doctors.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
DHA and Vitamin B6 supplements can help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The EPA/DHA in fish oil are critical for brain function and are anti-inflammatory. Supplementation has been shown to reduce symptoms and improve learning n ADHD. You may need more B-vitamins to help with the formation of serotonin, especially Vitamin B6. Do start with these supplements available over the counter and see f it helps.
Consider a yoga or tai chi class to improve the concentration. Herbs like ginkgo, ginseng, and passionflower may also help calm hyperactivity.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN