Suggest treatment for ADD in an elderly person

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I was diagnosed with ADD couple years ago. At the time i thought the risk of tx with meds was too risky. I have been trying to manage it w/o meds. My symptoms have gotten worse . I cant stay focused. I avoid tasks that take pure consontration. I would like to try Vyvanse, because of the decreased side effects. My question is do i need to see a psychiaotrist for wval and treatment?
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Psychiatrist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
You will need to contact a psychiatrist for proper treatment of ADD. You will need his prescription to get vyvanse as it is a controlled drug.

Hope this answers your query.
Thanks