Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment foor prostatic hypertrophy and hydrocele

Answered by
Dr. Naveen Poola


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 421 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My father is 60 year old and a diabetic patient. 2 years back doctor suggested to take tab Urimix 0.4mg one table daily because he had to go for urine 2-3 times in night.
Recently he developed Hydrocele problem also. We met doctor last week, doctor suggested to go for surgery and get both problems solved at one go. We are planning to go for that in a week or two.
Since yesterday my father started feeling of frequent urination during day time also, and little paing while urinating and not able to empty his bladder.

We want to know, is there any other solution other than surgery to handle Prostrate and Hydrocele problems?
As there can be delay of couple of weeks for surgery, should he increase the urimix dose for time being, if that could minimize frequest feeling of urination.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
et tested for Urinary tract infection as well

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Surgery is the only permanent solution for his Prostatic hypertrophy problem and Hydrocele. Instead of increasing Urimax dosage, I suggest to get tested for Urinary tract infection as well. At this time it is prudent to discuss the change of dose with your treating doctor who had analyzed your problem better. Physical exam is needed to decide this.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Prostatic hypertrophy

doctor1 MD

Hi, I'm 69 male and urinate frequently. Flow is good and it seems like I discharge all during but I'm back urinating in 1 hr. Beginning to have a small drip after urination

doctor1 MD

My father is suffering from Prostatic hypertrophy. recently he had problem in passing urine and the Nephrologist advised my father to take taxim inj for 7 days. but i did urine culture and there was no growth . so i advised him to take norfloxin 400 mg for 7 days instead of taxim. was it correct?

doctor1 MD

hello, I m seriously considering taking finasteride for hair loss. Given all the reported side effects reported do you feel it is a safe effective drug to take for hair loss. Also do you have experience prescribing this to your patients and what...

doctor1 MD

my abdomen ultrasound reveals:- pre void urine measures approx.65cc. post void residual urine measures approx.54 cc (significant) prostate: is enlarged in size and measures 59cc in volume. Median lobe bulge is seen into bladder base. No free fluid...

doctor1 MD

My U/s reports suggests : Grade 1 Prostatic hypertrophy with median lobe bulge onto bladder base and post void urinary residue. The prostate gland is enlarged in size and measures 47x46x33.2 mm shape and echotexture are normal and weighs 37.6 gms. I am taking cap. Urimax 0.4 mg at night........what should I do more?

doctor1 MD

I had a colonoscopy on Nov. 20 with two non cancerous polyps found. I saw my Pcp on Dec. 2 which ran blood tests along with a psa. My psa came back as 4.3 and my doctor recommended a urologist. She further said that with a recent colonoscopy could have caused the increased level. She also mentioned with this false positives have been reported. I asked her about the colonoscopy and she suggested wait a month or they could schedule an appt with a urologist. My last psa 1.3 August of 2012. I am a 66 y/o white male b/d on Nov. 25.

doctor1 MD

my frend is not feeling well from few months firstly he got a severe urine infection ,,, stil not well fully ...stil he has urine urgeny pain in legs n numbness in fore n hind limbs ,,,n so much virtigo especially when he on bed or when he changes his position,,,, wt it cud b ,,, ?? any serious problem he felt his muscles alwas contracting