Suggest treatment foor prostatic hypertrophy and hydrocele

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My father is 60 year old and a diabetic patient. 2 years back doctor suggested to take tab Urimix 0.4mg one table daily because he had to go for urine 2-3 times in night.
Recently he developed Hydrocele problem also. We met doctor last week, doctor suggested to go for surgery and get both problems solved at one go. We are planning to go for that in a week or two.
Since yesterday my father started feeling of frequent urination during day time also, and little paing while urinating and not able to empty his bladder.

We want to know, is there any other solution other than surgery to handle Prostrate and Hydrocele problems?
As there can be delay of couple of weeks for surgery, should he increase the urimix dose for time being, if that could minimize frequest feeling of urination.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
et tested for Urinary tract infection as well

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Surgery is the only permanent solution for his Prostatic hypertrophy problem and Hydrocele. Instead of increasing Urimax dosage, I suggest to get tested for Urinary tract infection as well. At this time it is prudent to discuss the change of dose with your treating doctor who had analyzed your problem better. Physical exam is needed to decide this.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T