Suggest treatment fir IBS with gastritis and migraine

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: HI SIR,
1. FEMALE 24 YRS , MARRIED SINCE LAST ONE AND A HALF YEAR
2, PROBLEM:
VERY FREQUENT GASTRIC AND ACIDITY SINCE LAST MORE THAN ONE YEAR WITH FOLLOWING PROBLEMS:
a. Often headache
b. Gas creating pressure on back followed by headache sometimes
c. sometimes Pain in lower abdomen left side
d. more of regular constipation with feeling of stomach not getting empty thru defecation , atleast two to three times a day.
e. no gas passage through farting , only thru burps
f. acute acidity only subsides on vomiting
g. menstrual cycle is also not regular (varies upto 7 days from the due date) along with white discharge
3. endoscopy carried out last year, doctor told for small intestine infection and asked to avoid spicy, milk n milk products, salads, outside juices .
4. recently we visited another doctor with above mentioned reference which was during feb last year 2013: the doctor diagnosed following:
a. IBS plus migrane
b. directed sibelium 10 mg and morase SR plus isabgol for two months
5. please suggest your recommendations :
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems IBS

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in
The information is really detailed and suggestive
I am of the opinion that you are suffering from IBS with gastritis and Migraine

Manage your stress level with Yoga and medictation
Avoid spicy fried and junk food
Continue with Sibelium 10mg and Morease SR

A good probiotic will also help
Along with it a proton pump inhibitor twice a day before breakfast and before dinner

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
thanks doctor, my followups are;

1. what to take for probiotics and proton pump inhibitor?

2. would continuing sibilium and morease sr be able to end the problem for ever if proper diet and precautions taken thereafter?

3. till now i have sufferred only one acute headache which was suspected as symptoms of migrane that too last year..so is it really a migrain????
thanks and regards..
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
IBS has ups and downs like personality

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

1] Actigut/VSL # 3 for probiotic and Happi-D for PPI

2] IBS and Migraine are two clinical situations which swing with personality, if you have negative attitude it will have higher reocurrances, medicine have been known to help control the episodes

3] Though one episode I am sure your doctor would have had taken a strong history and would have come to the clinical impression and the prevention of other episode could have been under the control of medications , keep a watch and update me

Hope clear
Do not hesitate to write back in case you need more information
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 hours later
sir,
1. do morease SR and sibelium 10 mg have any side effects ? and specific to if periods are not exactly regular or in case of white discharge?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not Exactly

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for your followup

Apparently no

I do not find any side effects related to regularity of periods or so

Otherwise all the medicines do have one or other side effect, if you have observed something unusual on treatment do share with me or your treating doctors

Hope clear
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj