Suggest treatmemy for ulcer on uvula
wait for the ulcer to heal
Hello and welcome to health care magic,
I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem.
You need to consider these:
-You need to realize that any ulcer of the uvula is extremely painful and it will become fine only when the ulcer heals completely.
-Unfortunately antibiotics and painkillers increase the ulcer intensity and paradoxically cause more pain.
-You can apply a local antianalgesic or anesthetic gel with a clean hand which is available over the counter. Just ask for mouth ulcer gel.
-reflux and increased acidity will also cause this ulceration so you need to take anti reflux medication in consultation with your doctor.
-It goes without saying that you must avoid any spicy and oily and high flavored food
-take a multivitamin medication like zincovit in consultation with your doctor.
Wait for week or so and if the ulcer persists then you must consult an ENT who may need to get a biopsy done for further treatment. But do not worry as this is very rare situation.
Hope this helps and if you have any other doubts I will be happy to answer them for you
Dr Sriram Nathan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen uvula throat congestion mucus in the throat any suggestions
- Have swollen palatoglossal arch and uvula suggest
- Ulcer on uvula
- Is ulcer on uvula upper lip and gums serious
- Ulcer on uvula after running
- Double uvula
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for swollen uvula and dry mouth
- Has large growth on uvula cancerous tumour suggest
- Dots on uvula
- How to treat an ulcer on my uvula