Suggest treatmemt for to cure scarring from stitches

Posted on Sat, 5 Jul 2014 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Question: few months back i had a surgery on my breasts, due to which there are scars of stiches on lower part. Dr suggested me to use cicatrix but i find it useless. please help to reduce scar marks.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scars

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Scars are fibrous tissue formed over the wound and these fibrous tissues help to bridge a gap between two gaping wounds. It is very difficult to get rid of scars as there is no mechanism in the body which can actually bring back the usual skin. However the options available for post surgical scars are

1. Apply a silicone based gel like Paula's Clinical scar reducing gel or Mederma scar gel twice daily over cleaned and dry skin
2. Stroid based gels have also known to work, please approach your doctor before using it
3. The only best options with relatively quicker results are Micro derma abrasion which scrapes off the skin to form new skin and plastic surgery.

I would like to point out that gels, creams and ointments will not give immediate results, you will have to apply it for many months continuously

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist