Suggest treatmemt for severe cough

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have had a cough and went to the med check and recieved a z-pak. When I cough it leaves me gasping for my breath. and it does not seem any better?
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you could be having asthma or hypereactive airways

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms suggest that you could be having asthma or hyper reactive airways which is often seen after any respiratory infection.

Do you have any history of allergy?

Try taking anti allergics like levosiz M and nebulization with levolin and budecort. The symptoms should subside soon but if they persist, you may have to go in for consultation with your local pulmonologist.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari