Suggest treatmemt for mucosal cyst in throat

ENT Specialist
Question
please can someone reply... i think i have a hpv oral papilloma of some sort (on my tonsil arch)... which is contributing to the decline of tonsils... i feel no pain .. but it has been there for 10 + months and slighlt changed in colour and gotton bigger..before it was smaller and completely pink.. now there is disclouration....and my tonsils have become more streaky with yellow.. and the right tonisl is more bigger than the other... i am worried that it is tonsil cancer.. or what looks like the start of it ...please can someone shed some light.. and which specialist i should be referred to ... head and neck or ENT? via my GP .. knd regards
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
mucosal cyst. Consult ent specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.

After seeing the photo, I feel it's just a mucosal cyst; does not look like papilloma or oral cancer.
Unequal size of tonsil is normal - not to worry.

As per the photo your tonsil looks very healthy.
This cyst, until it's not infected, does not need any treatment. You can consult this with your ENT doctor.

Hope my answers have helped you. Pleased to help you further.

Thanks

Follow-up: Suggest treatmemt for mucosal cyst in throat 13 minutes later
hi thank you for replying...what about the white lines in on my tonsil? ..there's no pain etc.. is that normal? ...its not white spots.. just streaks of white lines as if its embedded in the tonsil..very thin like veins but white etc...
also when i spit its kind of got a red tinge... the reason i think i have hpv is because i have it genitally which i passed onto my husband.. and after performing oral sex.. 6 months later that lump thing appeared on my tonsil arch.. and then my tonsils started to change alot... please could you shed some light.. i will be seeing my doctor to get referred

kind regards

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult with the doctor .

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up query.

The white lines on the tonsils are the keratosis lines.
Lesion does not look like papilloma.
As you have genital papilloma, the oral lesion can be confirmed by doing an excisional biopsy.
Hence I would advise you to discuss my views with your doctor and get treated.

Thanks.