Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatement for chlamydia

User rating for this question
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2709 Questions
I've been battling chlamydia for about a year now and I can't seem to get rid of it, I tried antibiotics but seems to always come back even without sex, is there anything out there that I can take or do to get cure it?
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not to worry.Complete cure is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.

Nothing much to get upset.

1.Antibiotics of choice can be changed
2. Partners have to be treated
3. Single dose therapy may not be effective
4. As with olden days recommendation, a 3 weeks therapy may be effective.
If you can tell that the type of treatment you had taken already, I may extend more help to you.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatement for chlamydia 4 minutes later
I took a single dose of doxycycline about 3 times
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult physician,take medicines with his guidance

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Doxycycline single dose usually not recommended.
Tablet Azithromycine 1 gm is recommended as a single dose Capsule Doxy recommended as 100 mg. twice daily for 1 week. Previously the same was recommended for three weeks along with partner management to achieve a complete cure.
Abstinence from sex during sex is a must.
Consult your STD physician (Dermato-venereologist) and take the medicine as per his/her guidance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatement for chlamydia 10 minutes later
what is the most successful cure for a longtime chlamydia carrier?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physician has to decide.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.
Cap Doxycyclin twice daily for three weeks is the best option, if the patient came with relapse with single dose therapy. If the patient has the problem persisting then the diagnosis of the condition is to be reviewed. Your physician is the correct person to judge about your treatment.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor