Suggest treatement for chlamydia

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I've been battling chlamydia for about a year now and I can't seem to get rid of it, I tried antibiotics but seems to always come back even without sex, is there anything out there that I can take or do to get cure it?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not to worry.Complete cure is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

Nothing much to get upset.

1.Antibiotics of choice can be changed
2. Partners have to be treated
3. Single dose therapy may not be effective
4. As with olden days recommendation, a 3 weeks therapy may be effective.
If you can tell that the type of treatment you had taken already, I may extend more help to you.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 4 minutes later
I took a single dose of doxycycline about 3 times
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult physician,take medicines with his guidance

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Doxycycline single dose usually not recommended.
Tablet Azithromycine 1 gm is recommended as a single dose Capsule Doxy recommended as 100 mg. twice daily for 1 week. Previously the same was recommended for three weeks along with partner management to achieve a complete cure.
Abstinence from sex during sex is a must.
Consult your STD physician (Dermato-venereologist) and take the medicine as per his/her guidance.
DR S XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 10 minutes later
what is the most successful cure for a longtime chlamydia carrier?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physician has to decide.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.
Cap Doxycyclin twice daily for three weeks is the best option, if the patient came with relapse with single dose therapy. If the patient has the problem persisting then the diagnosis of the condition is to be reviewed. Your physician is the correct person to judge about your treatment.
Dr S.Murugan