Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suggest the treatment fro swollen testicle

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First is an Ultrasound of scrotum

Detailed Answer:

Scrotum contains a lot of important structures, are you sure that only testicle is swollen. Immediately one needs to get an Ultrasound done. Once we ascertain what is the structure that swollen for a big scrotum the treatment is done.

Most often men would have swelling because of hydrocoele (water inside the scrotum), it needs to be drained by a procedure. If there is an injury then blood can be accumulated. Kidney failure, venous obstruction, lymphoedema are some other reasons.

Commonly it needs to be drained by a simple procedure.

so get an Ultrasound of the scrotum first after meeting a surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor