Suggest the treatment for polyps in bladder

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Question: My urologist found 6 polyps in my bladder. He did a re-section and said there was something I could take or do that would stop them from recurring. Would one of these options be chemo-therapy?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chemo-therapy could be option instilled in bladder

Detailed Answer:

Let me first explain to you that bladder polyps are a type of superficial tumor, which need endoscopic intervention to resolve them. Please bare in mind that they are not invasive (cancer) and need no other treatment if the biopsy shows no evidence of cancerous cells.

Although the success in the treatment; unfortunately, they have the risk for recurrence in up to 75 % of the cases.

In cases of multiple polyps and when biopsy indicate for the presence of G3 and PT1 tumors, it is advised to use chemotherapy and/or immunotherapy instilled inside the bladder.

However, this depends on the results of the biopsy and your current health situation.

Hope it answered to your question!

Dr.Benard

p.s. please write back to me if you have further concern.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D