Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suggest the treatment for ear ache

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 709 Questions
I am having severe ear ache due to wax clogging.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: earache can be due to many causes. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for the query, Earache is commonly due to ear infections. Wax accumulation is usually painless, hearing loss being the only symptom. Hard impacted wax can sometimes cause pain. If indeed impacted wax is causing earache then you can take any pain killers like tylenol (paraceatmol) or ibuprofen (ibugesic) after confirming the dose. For the wax you can instill soliwax ear drops 6 drops 6 times a day for 7 days. After 7 days once the wax is soft it can be removed easily by an ENT specialist. I suggest you see an ENT specialist to know the exact cause of earache. But if the pain is very severe then see an ENT to remove the wax immediately. Do not attempt to remove the wax on your own. Regards, Dr Rajksihori.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor