Suggest the tests to diagnose the cause of the dull pain under left breast behind the rib cage radiating to the back up to shoulder blade

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Dull aching Pain under left breast behind the rib cage that radiates to the back all up to shoulder blade. Pain worsens at night, unable to sleep. Pain started after taking Jardiance for diabetes for one week. Came off the medicine, but there was blood in urine when I went to the doctor.. Urine testing said no infection, 2nd test of urine no blood. Then had CAT scan of stomach and pelvis both were fine. Any suggestions on what to ask the doctor for next.. Apparently they aren't experienced enough to help.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,

I can certainly understand your concern..

These symptoms may point to underlying rib cartilage inflammation or a Gastritis.

Although the CAT-scan was fine, for further evaluation, I'd advise you to get an Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. This will clarify most of the issues.

As the urine examination and MRI Abdomen cane out clear, you need not worry.

Avoid fried and fatty foodstuff for the time being.

Please review with reports to determine further course of action.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee