Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest the tests to detect all types of cancer

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 544 Questions
Is there a test which can test for all types of common cancers? If so, where can it be done and how expensive is it?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No Such test

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. I really really wish there was such a test my friend, would save lives and save doctors alot of time trying to diagnose patients.

But, the problem is, that cancer is not one disease, indeed, different types of cancer are caused by different problems. Many common cancers like Lung cancer can be caused by DIFFERENT factors.

So even though we may use the catch all term Cancer... it's a medically imprecise term and we are actually referring to different diseases when we do so.

Is there any type of cancer that you are worried about? Have you had any symptoms that worry you? Let me know and we can discuss it further.

If you want to make sure that your health is in good order, your best bet is to go to your Primary Care doctor and get a through health checkup. Nowadays many of the diagnostic centers and corporate hospitals sell health checkup packages that you may be interested in.

As far as your insurance is concerned, i really don't have that information. What is covered by your employers insurance depends on what XXXXXXX negotiated with your insurance provider. You will have to contact your HR department to get those details. I wish i could be of more help to you here.

One personal piece of advice to you though. I am only a few years older than you and I have seen alot of young people hospitalized for illnesses and accidents. I would not rest with only the corporate insurance that XXXXXXX has provided, these policies are very minimal and hardly cover the costs of expensive hospitalizations nowadays.

At your age, I would strongly suggest that you invest in private coverage as well as keeping your XXXXXXX insurance. This double coverage will give you piece of mind and prevent financial ruin in case of a major medical issue. Lastly, you are at an age now, where you can get such extra cover very cheaply and wothout the need for invasive medical testing. As you age, if you want that extra cover, your premiums will go up and they will start demanding more and more tests.

Let me know what your are thinking and I will be happy to discuss in detail with you,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor