Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest the supplement to treat Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Is there any doctor out there that is familiar with the Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)? Can any doctor that is familiar with POIS recommend me a supplement that can help me treat POIS to make me feel better from POIS?

I do not need to be forced nor recommended to a psychiatric medicine to treat my POIS because my psychiatrist already told me and I said it myself too that I'm very stable on my current medicine and there's no need to change my current medicine treatment.

Though, many doctors except a few keep recommend me to see my psychiatrist or even ask me to change my current psychiatrist to recommend me to take new psychiatric medicine.

I do not need to change my current psychiatric medicine and I'm going to stay with my current only psychiatric medicine thus I do not need any other psychiatric medicine.

I do not need any other psychiatric medicine to treat what I currently have, which is the POIS.

I'm going to Taiwan next months on November 14, 2013, and I will stay there for three months, and I will come back on February 12, 2014.

I have only a very very short time here in the United States before I leave to Taiwan next month.

Is there any doctor that can recommend me any supplements that I can take to treat my POIS to make me not suffer from my POIS while I'm in Taiwan?

I do not need to be referred to psychiatric medicine for my POIS because I'm very stable on my current psychiatric medicine, and there's no need to change my current medicine treatment.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Below advice will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

I can understand your pain and suffering which is leading you to seek help here again and again. But some time in medical science there is some problem which is difficult to treat, in such cases person should accept his condition.

Trying different medicine/advice from different physicians may be harmful for your current medical/psychological condition. So, before trying any medicine consult your existing physician.

There is lot of stuff available on net for sexual problems under name of health supplements. Most of these products are not evaluated scientifically for their safety and effects. I know what I have written is not what you expected, but believe me, it is in your best interests.

Following steps will be helpful in your case:
-Try escitalopram, as advised in primary reply under your psychiatrist supervision.
-Reduce frequency of masturbation as much as possible. But do not feel guilt and enjoy act fully without fear of POIS. Sometime fear of POIS also lead to it or increase its severity.
-You can try Ayurvedic medicine like Shilajeet (company Dabur only).
-Daily morning brisk walk for 30 Min, to increase blood circulation all over body.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor