Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
Z drugs are safe to use
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Z drugs are safe and effective in elderly for sleep purpose. This class of drugs include Zolpidem, Zopiclone and eszopiclone.
Among these zolpidem is most studied in elderly generally for problem in sleep onset. In case you have problem with sleep onset as well as sleep maintenance, sustained release preparation of zolpidem (ambien) can be taken. Please note that there is no interaction reported with beta blocker medications including carvedilol
Benzodiazepines are generally not considered as first line in elderly because of cognitive side effects and occasional falls.
'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?