Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest the necessary steps to have a healthy baby

User rating for this question
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Hello, I am 34 years old and obese. My weight is 105 kgs and my height is 5ft 5". I am married since 5yrs. My husband and myself were not planning for a baby and but now we have decided to start our family. We have tried once but no result. I have regular periods with no misses and with proper cycle. My husband is fit with no complications. Is my weight a constraint? Please suggest the necessary steps that is required to be done by us in order to have a healthy baby. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Semen analysis and HSG Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. I read your query and understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Your weight is definitely a problem for conception as obesity is associated with infertility as well as abortion. 2) Your age is also a matter of concern as it is increasing and you are already 34 and need to act fast. 3) Please get your husband's semen analysis done. It will help us to see any problem with semen. 4) You get hysterosalpingogram ( HSG) done to check if your fallopian tubes are patent or not. Donot waste anymore time as age is precious. Let me know if you have any more queries. I will be happy to answer. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest the necessary steps to have a healthy baby 19 hours later
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have a concern with the HSG test that you have suggested for me. I am sorry, I am a bit scared type, and pains are nightmares for me, I know that I m sounding kiddish. I did a Pap smear test, 1 yr back, and the test was extremely painful for me, I literally tried to stop the doctor during the test. I am scared about HSG. is there any alternative? or remedy? do I have to take pain killers, if the test is mandatory for me? one more information, my husband and myself, donot get opportunity to have sex much, because he works abroad and I stay with in laws..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Test tube baby Detailed Answer: Hi If your husband and you are not meeting regularly as you mentioned it is difficult to conceive. Unfortunately your age is increasing. Its best to go for test tube baby ( IVF). As this method has best chances and ideal for couples like you who can't stay together often. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest the necessary steps to have a healthy baby 44 minutes later
Thanks a lot Dr. Koregol, for your valuable advice. I would like to know more about this IVF. I have heard about IVF, but donot have much knowledge. My questions are: How much (approx) would be the cost? What is the process? What would be the pre-requisites from our side? Will my weight be a constraint even for this process? Thanks again for your kind suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Brief Answer: India Detailed Answer: Hi, IVF is also called test tube baby. In this process eggs are taken out of body and fertilized outside with your husband's sperms. The resulting embryos are put back in embryos. The cost for procedure in india is between 50 to 75 thousand with injections extra. The prerequisite is to have good sperms and egg. Weight is always a constraint in fertility whether natural or IVF. Please loose weight. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor