Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest the medication to postpone my period

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Hi Iam XXXXXXX of age 34 years, Iam unmarried and we are planning for house warming cermony which I feel falls on my periodic cycle days, I reached you to get advise on pill which helps me to overcome this situation. I need to know the pill which pushes mensturation cycle few days ahead. Kindly advise.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. For delaying period or pushing ahead, you have to take Norethisterone pill (like PRIMOLUT-N etc) twice daily 1 hr after meal 3 days prior to your expected due date and continue as long as you want (max 1 week). You will get withdrawal bleeding (similar to your period) within 5 to 7 days after stopping them. Next 1 to 2 cycles may be irregular due to hormonal imbalance. However, it will overcome with the time. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor