Suggest the medication for asthma

Dr. Satyadeo Choubey

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi, I'm suffering form Asthma since few weeks on words. Please give me the best medicine and advice. Regards, XXXX.
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 10 hours later
Brief Answer: you may opt for formoterol and budesonide inhaler Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Treatment of asthma depends on the level of control. If you are not feeling better or symptom is uncontrolled especially at night or if you feel wheezing despite on asthalin inhaler, better step up your treatment. You may take combination of formoterol and budesonide 2 puffs twice a day. to start with and after achieving control the dose can be reduced. Don't be panic regarding side effects. Inhaler are quiet safe as the doses are too low in micrograms and it is delivered at the site of action itself. Don't take asthalin tablet as it is systemically absorbed in high dose of 2 mg. It will cause frequent side effect of tremors in hands, palpitations etc. It is not the standard recommended therapy... Best wishes