Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suggest the medication for H-Pylori or stomach ulcers?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9350 Questions
What do I take for H-Pylori or stomach ulcers
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 39 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.
It should be treated in consualtion with your GP or gastroenterologist.
H.pylori when diagnosed by specific tests of gastroscopy, should be treated ny 10-14 days of so called "triple therapy"( 2 antibiotics and IPP drug). IPP is proton pump inhibitor and most commonly used antiacid medicines. It is also most effective and pantoprasole is one of them which is widely used. Other antiacid medicines are calcium chanal blockers such as ranitidine an Antacides which are rarely used today.
After 2 weeks and H.pylori eradications,you should continue with IPP(pantoprasole or similar) and antibiotics are not necessary anymore(most commonly antibiotics used are clarytromycine/amoxiciline and metronidazole).

Also,you need ot change dieatry habits: You should avoid alcohol, coffee, smoking, fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables, boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise.
WIsh you good health. If you have questions I ll be glad to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor