Suggest the medication? Chances of pregnancy?

Posted on Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: Pzl tell the tablets tht she need to take pzl dctr
Answered by Dr. S Patra 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chance of pregnancy is low. Follow guideline.

Detailed Answer:

First thing, I-pill gives more than 85% protection against unwanted pregnancy if it is taken within 24 to 48 hrs of unprotected sex. Most women get a withdrawal bleeding (similar to period) within 7 to 10 days. Here, chance of pregnancy is quite less with taking of I-pill after 36 hrs.

In this context, she took additional 2 I-pills and it is the culprit for not getting any period or withdrawal bleeding due to hormonal imbalance with associated mental stress. These 2 I-pills neither prevent pregnancy nor induce period. It is the most foolish step.

SOLUTION: 1) She needs to wait at least one week to get withdrawal bleeding or period from the day of intake last I-pill tab. In this time, she will take healthy diet, keep bowel habit regular, drink plenty of fluid/ juice, avoid mental stress by meditation and take sound sleep. These help to hasten period.

2) After one week waiting if she does not get her period, she must undergo one home pregnancy test to exclude pregnancy. Day of pregnancy test should be more than 14 days from last unprotected sex to get accurate result.

3) On negative test, progesterone pill like Norethisterone tab is given to induce period after exclusion of pregnancy. Most women get their period within 5 to 7 days of stopping them. Kindly, consult with her local doctor to get a proper prescription.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health & practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 19 minutes later
but sir there is no tablet fr period's sir
Answered by Dr. S Patra 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Induce period with tab after negative pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

Yes, there is tablet (Norethisterone etc) for inducing period obviously. I have already mentioned in my previous text. Just go through the Point no. 3 (last part) for details.

However, period can only be induced with above medicine after exclusion of pregnancy. Otherwise, effective result can't be obtained. Therefore, I suggest her to follow above 3 steps chronologically to get period within due time. Don't be tensed.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you do not have any other query, you can close the discussion.

All the best. Good luck.

Dr Soumen
Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist