Suggest the medical problems caused by not maintained indoor water fountain

Nephrologist
Question
what medical problems can be caused by small indoor decorative water fountains not properly maintained
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Water borne Diseases

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Indoor decorative water fountain most commonly leads to the following infections. Especially if it is stagnant

1. E. Coli
2. Amoebiasis
3. Cryptosporodosis
4. Pseudomonas
5. Typhoid

Renal transplant recipients should be careful around stagnant waters as they are more prone for infections due to the immunosupressive drugs

I hope I was of help, if you have any more questions I will be happy to get back to you. I am a Nephrologist resident.

I hope I was of help