Suggest the ideal dosage for calcium supplements

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: can you suggest any calcium tablets for females aged >30 on a regular basis and how much should be the dosage.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Daily dosage is between 800mg to 1200mg

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Usually adult daily dose requirements of calcium orally is between 800mg to 1200mg but need may be raised in severe defficiencies patients or in lactating mothers. One precaution to be observed is to use good water and fluids intake to avoid formation of renal stones. Avoid using with milk. It is available with different trade names and dosages. You can find few with names of calcitrate, abocal or qaslan but look for the dose mentioned and daily tablets requirement should be discussed with your primary physician.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj