Suggest the ideal dosage for Thyronorm taken for thyroid

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: i have hyperthroidism..now taking 25 mcg thyronorm..yesterday tested result serum T3 1.2 ,T4 is 96.9 both T3 and T4 are normal but TSH is 5.8uIU/mol..what dosage of thyronom tab should i take???pleasee help

i started HRT ...before i had hyperthyroidism...now i am very fine and feeling very very well...but my TSH is 5.8uIu/mL...t3 and t4 normal...yesterday tested...dosage taking is 25 mcg thyronorm...tab...which dosage should i take from tomorrow?? my XXXXXXX no.is 0000( XXXXXXX state..INDIA) XXXX
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
Brief answer....you need more dose of THYRONORM since your TSH is still high

Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.

Since your TSH is high, you would need a higher dose of THYRONORM.
Increase the dose of THYRONORM from 25mcg to 37.5 mg and then get your TSH repeated after 6 weeks.

Your target of TSH should be between 1.5 to 2.
In case your TSH doesn't come to required level between 1.5 to 2 after 6 weeks, then increase the dose to 50mcg. 

Again test your TSH after 6 weeks.

I hope it helps, however you are most welcome to revert back to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
thank you so....so....much doctor..i will do as you say...after i will come again and inform you...i hope your help...XXXXX

i will ask for your help...because always i need doctors help...i am reassigning my body...hormones will change....0000..i will pay fees and ask ...just i want immediate help..because my hormone doctor far away..and very very ...busy ...full time patients rush will be there..not in my district...8 hours journey from my district...because my birthdefect is very rare....i am transfemale...no puberty...l am always trapped small girl...i am comming out.......
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 14 hours later
You are most welcome to ask any query any query time.
I will help you to my best of ability.
Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 hours later
thank you so.............much doctor...I pray for your family from deep heart......
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later
Many thanks to you for sincere wishes for me and my family.
May god bless you.
You are always welcome to ask any query any time.
You can tag your query with my name and then question would come to me.
Best of luck
zthanks