Suggest the ideal dosage for Spironolactone

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hi I am a 50 yrs male to female transgender..i want to start hrt.. I am a smoker and know I will need to use patches.. I want to use estradiol patches but unsure of dosage,advise please
also I want to use in conjunction spironolactone but unsure of dosage,advise please
I am a moderate drinker but in good physical health and have no health issues
Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dosage explained

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about HRT.

Various estradiol patches are available. You can use 0.1 mg/day dose patches. Brand name minivelle.

Spironolactone (brand name aldactone) is available in strength of 25 mg to 100 mg. You can start with 25 mg.

I suggest you take these medicines under supervision of your doctor.

Let me know if you need anymore help.