Suggest the ideal dosage for Micardis taken for high BP
Yes you may increase the dose safely
Hello ,Yes you can increase the dose to 80 mg if BP persistently more than 135/85 mm hg
.micardis contains telmisartan and can be safely given at 80 mg per day dose .
Also if facilities available get a 24 hour ambulatory BP monitoring done after 2 weeks of 80 mg to know the trend of pressure reading and accordingly titer the medication dose .
Considering your age , hope you have evaluated and ruled out all secondary causes of hypertension.
With micardis monitoring of s creatinine and s potassium is justified atleast once in 3 months.
Let me know if any clarification needed and I would be happy to help .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody .
Yes , For temporary measures you can give half a tablet extra
Temporarily you may give half a tablet extra . However I would suggest not increasing it more than 80 mg and rather add a other medication as a combination tablet .
More than 80 mg we should add another medication which has different mechanism of action for additive benefit
Micardis HCT ( 80+12.5 ) once in morning would be a better choice.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Food must taken in high bp
- Have high bp taken revalol why has dosage been increased
- High bp in pregnancy please suggest
- High bp in a child please suggest
- Suggest medication for high bp and gastritis
- Can symbicort be taken with high bp medications
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- What medication is suggested for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp