Suggest the ideal dosage for Febuxostat

Posted on Thu, 23 Jun 2016 in Lupus
Question: On the 28th March, my Uric Acid was 8.46, After taking 'febuxostat 80' once daily, on the 14th April again I repeated the test again & it was 4.56. Then I reduced the medicine febuxostat 40 once daily.

Please make comment on it.

Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes thats fine .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I can tell you that dose can be reduced according to uric acid levels if they are under control . But I would advise you to repeat the uric acid level after 6-8 weeks if its controlled on 40 mg dose you can continue on the same , if its not dose can be readjusted .

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist