question-icon

Suggest the ideal dosage for Enzar Forte taken for indigestion

Posted on Wed, 4 May 2016
Question: Hi Doctor,
I am suffering from indigestion from the last few years. Because of this I lost almost 10 kgs of weight. I consulted gastro enterologists and did endoscope, colonoscope and the result was normal. The doctor suggested Enzar Forte tablets to improve digestion. I am taking two tablets a day (after lunch, dinner). Surprisingly my digestion is improved in a week and gained more than 0.5 kg of weight. But 4 days ago I took more than normal food. Since then my indigestion appeared again and I lost 1 kg of weight.
Can I increase number of tablets whenever I eat more? Would you recommend any medical tests? Are there any better drugs than Enzar Forte? Is there any other solution?
My details are below.
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 43.5

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (34 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you fro asking.
You are reporting to have lose weight and indigestion.
I need to know more about your symptoms and examinations like:
- do you have diarrhea?
- are your symptoms depending from any specific food?
- have you done abdominal ultrasound or what other exams have you done except upper and lower endoscopy.
To my opinion your symptoms may be related with ;
- malabsorption due to gluten or lactose intolerance
- pancreatic issues
This s why I would like to suggest performing:
- abdominal ultrasound
- fecal exam for malabsorption
- serologic test for celiac disease
With regards to Ensar forte it is pancreatin enzyme that helps and improve digestion of fatty foods.
If I were your treating doctor I would recommend to eat often and small amount of meal and not to increase the dosage of pancreatic enzymes.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist