Suggest the ideal dosage for Diazepam

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: This is XXXX.
At present starting March 1st. MY DR. HAS REDUCED MY CYMBALTA FROM 120MG. TO 90MG. AND 40 MG. OF DIAZEPAM TO 8MG. 4 TIMES A DAY. HOW LOW OF A DOSAGE OF DIAZEPAM DO I HAVE TO GO TO BE ABLE TO GO ON SERAX.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you can go to 60 mg cymbalta and at 16 mg diazepam you can start serax

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ollie,

Thanks for information.

Already one month has passed that you are on 90 mg cymbalta. You can reduced to 60 mg now after 4 days when you consult your doctor.

You are on 32 mg (8 mg 4 times a day) diazepam right now. Every week you can reduce 1 dose and in two weeks you will reach to 16 mg (8 mg twice) after that serax can be added according to my opinion. I recommend dosing of diazepam in evening or night time and dosing of serax in daytime. You can discuss these recommendations to your treating doctor and modify the treatment.

Feel free to discuss further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 days later
what dosage of zoloft would you recommend i start with.

and what dosage of serax do you recommend i take.

thanks ollie
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start with low dose and gradually up

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ollie,

Thanks for question.

Zoloft should be started in 25 dose and increase to 50 mg in 1 week. Maximum recommended dose is 200 mg. Dose can be increased gradually according to response.

Serax should be started in 10 mg dose. It should be increased to 10 mg twice a day in a week. It can be increased up to 15 mg 3 times a day according to response.

You can discuss with your treating doctor and start the treatment.