Suggest the ideal dosage for Cyclopam suspension

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 10 months old baby is crying for few minutes after every 2-3 hours. She was not allowing her stomach to be touched, seems like some gases or stomach pain. Stool is normal. I have Cyclopam Suspension leftover from my 4 year old son's medicines. Can I give her cyclopam suspension? If yes please suggest dosage. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not give cyclopam

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Children often take in air along with food and this causes abdominal distention, hence discomfort. It could be the same in the case of your child. In such a case giving Decolic syrup 5 ml should provide relief. Ideally a clinical examination would be needed to confirm and in case the problem persists it might be a good idea to visit a doctor.

I would strongly advise you not to give cyclopam to your child for any reason. It is a toxic drug and harms the liver.