Suggest the ideal dosage for Amoxycillin taken for ear infection
Pexoclav ( amoxycillin n potassium calculate oral suspension up 5g/30 ml) 5ml to be given thrice a day.i feel it is too high dosage for a 8 kg baby.please help me if it is right dosage.he has been sleeping since I gave him the medicine.he has also prescribed lidozone ear drops.
No need to worry
Thanks for writing to us.
Yes 5 ml thrice a day is bit high.
You can decrease to 3 ml twice daily which is appropriate dosage for his age.
No harmful effects will happen with one or two doses apart from mild losses stools which should settle once you decrease dose and frequency.
Sleeping could be due to relief from ear pain.
Your child will be fine.
If not settling or feeding well, consult your doctor again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ear infection ringing in ears
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Suggest medication for ear infection
- Ear drops for ear infection
- Ear infection in both ears
- Stint in ear for ear infection
- Cipro dosage for ear infection
- Doxycycline dosage for ear infection
- Ear infection bleeding ear
- Ear infection heaviness in ear