Suggest the ideal dosage for Alpha lipoic acid

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: My transaction reference is HCM 186796

What is an advisable amount of alpha lipoic to take, and how should it be taken (with food, away from food, etc.), and how much is too much and why.
ALso what is the difference between alpha lipoic acid and R-alpha lipoic acid?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
600 mg a day 5 days a week for 14 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Alpha lipoic acid is very good anti oxidant helps in neuropathy . It is recommended is 600 mg daily for 5 days a week for 14 weeks. Duration of the treatment however varies. The above mentioned is specifically for diabetic neuropathy. Intake prior to meals an hour at least helps the increased absorption. Take it with some citrus fruits rich in vitamin c in the middle of the day say 10 am every day is preferable.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

regards
Khan