Suggest the dose of Thyronorm to bring the elevated TSH level to normal
50 Mcgraw, physician consult and clarifications please
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
Would you clarify a few things for me, please?
*does your father have any other medical issues or take any medications?
* does he take any supplements like Calcium or iron. If so, does he take them along with the thyronorm?
*does he take Thyronorm on an empty stomach and eat only after an hour?
*any recent strain health like an illness?
*any recent change in diet?
I recommend :
-a physician consult to check for signs of undue stress on the body
-increase the dose to 50 mcg a day and recheck Tsh values in 4-6 weeks to see if it normalizes.
After that it has to be checked every 3 months to see if it is fluctuating.
Please get back to me with the above requested clarifications so that I may help you better.
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest suitable treatment for little elevated tsh levels
- What is the suggestible thyronorm dosage for controlling tsh level
- Thyronorm for tsh level 45
- Treatment for elevated tsh level
- Normal values for tsh levels
- Elevated tsh level suggest the dosage of thyronorm
- Tsh level 495 using thyronorm
- Thyronorm requirement and tsh level
- Normal tsh levels for women
- What should be thyronorm dose for tsh level 1258