Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suggest the diet for an infant

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
what food can b given to a six months old baby boy?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Be patient and gradual weaning... Detailed Answer: Hi, The basic aim of weaning is to slowly and gradually wean away breast milk while introducing normal food. Since the baby has no teeth to chew anything that is soft and easily palatable can be given. Therefore choose soft food like idli, mashed rice, mashed potato, carrot, dal and so on to begin with. You can also add soft fruits such as apple, banana, papaya and so on. Remember while you wean, start with one particular food either idli or mashed rice and potato. Try one or two sips and check if the baby is able to tolerate it. If he is able to tolerate it then you can continue it for a week before trying the next feed. You can wait for non vegetarian food like egg yolk or fish until the baby is more than 8 months old. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor